- Fire Adapted New Mexico Learning Network and Forest Stewards Guild - Dendrochronology Education Module
- Ciudad Soil and Water Conservation District
- Conservation Legacy - Ancestral Lands video with Kyle Trujillo
- City of Albuquerque Open Space Candelaria Preserve videos
- Talking Talons Youth Leadership Education Modules for STEM Grab&Go
GENERAL PROGRAM INFORMATION
Click on the links below or scroll down to learn more about our programs.
IN-SCHOOL YOUTH LEADERSHIP AND DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS
These programs form the service foundation for Talking Talons. Our capable facilitators, trained in environmental education, substance abuse prevention, leadership theory and behavior intervention techniques, make weekly visits to classrooms of targeted students.
The young trainees, through safe and intimate experiences with TTYL’s collection of rehabilitated non-releasable birds of prey, bats, and reptiles develop a sense of duty to protect and speak in defense of the natural world. Their training in communication and public speaking skills is enhanced by a variety of unique and interactive exercises in team-building, role playing, debate, and lateral thinking.
The culmination of their work is (a) active participation in outreach presentations to their peers and other community groups, in which they speak and demonstrate with the live animals, and (b) a group conservation / service-learning project that leaves a lasting benefit to the school or larger community. third party evaluations.
SHARE this page: